"Platinum Day of Love" in my life

At first, I thought it was just another day in my life . We were about to hit the streets for shopping.We are newly married and were living far from our beloved families.

 Let me go a few months back and share about my bachelor life.When I was single,was in a comfortable job near to my native place.In just few hours travel, I would be with the best people of my life . When everything was quiet smooth due to some job necessity I was asked to go to another country.It made me upset.


At the same time, my marriage talks went on and suddenly everything came together and my parents showed me a girl's photo and asked my opinion . My dad and mom sitting right beside me were saying about the details of the girl's family.But I was in a hesitation,so I never answered them. My dad understood and left the place saying it's time u need someone besides u and we think she would suit your life.


My job location has changed and I have to go far away from my family.That alone was running in my mind.I was not in a position to think about marriage and hear my parents talk. My sister also ringed me and narrated all the conversation happened in that girl's home.Getting impressed with the girl and her family,my sister was in a hurry to convince me for marriage.Even my little niece and nephew got acquainted with her.She looked beautiful and charming in the photograph.After hearing my sis talks,my curiosity got increased and I wanted to see her in person.


From my job tension,I was pushed to a marriage mood by my family members and also got married to the same girl.

The so called girl became my wife and her name was Madhumathi. Her native place is very far from mine. Everything was just like fast forward movie.I got married to a total stranger. Rather I would say a beautiful stranger. Few days went by and I was running here and there to prepare for our travel.At last here we are two strangers in entirely strange place . I don't know whether she was shy to speak or since I was silent she stayed that way. Only our eyes met mostly and I always felt that her eyes was trying to convey something to me.For many days and months,it was a big puzzle in my mind.


Days went and I realized that I became very dependent on her.Like my mother, she did everything from my bed coffee to my favorite dishes without being asked.Her affection and care started giving me the similar feeling like living with my parents.

But myself, I have never did much to her. I occasionally use to take her out.We have never even interacted much, I was not sure whether she liked to go out or not. I was wondering how to understand her. Suddenly flashed in my mind, that it was the month of February and in a couple of days, was 14th Feb lovers day. I wanted to propose her in a very special way.What would be a proposal without a gift?So I decided to gift her.

A stranger like thought changed and I wanted to gift something special to my wife for her unconditional pure love.

Once while watching a movie, I saw her eyes enjoy and watching the romance scene in the moonlight near a lake.So I picked the similar location and decided to go by my instincts to surprise her.


Then I was wondering what to gift her to express my love.Platinum does not fade or tarnish with time.So I decided that precious Platinum white metal which never fades with time will be perfect gift to express my long lasting love. 
Platinum Day of Love


 I bought a platinum ring because a circular ring represent a never ending cycle of relationship. Platinum the most precious metal for my most precious person and I got it ready. At last there it is Feb 14 lovers day morning went quietly, we stared hours together at each other but never spoke a word . Afternoon I suggested that we can go out. From the look of her eyes I thought she never liked to go out as it was very rough climate. Anyway she never disappointed me. she got ready and appeared even more beautiful in her new maroon saree. 


We went to the station to reach that romantic place which was a 5 hours journey from my place . The station was heavily crowded and all over the place there were lovers enjoying.We got into the train and it was fully occupied than usual. While we were getting down I missed her.We both walked the opposite side searching each other. It was just 10 min we were apart .She was facing the opposite direction with tears in her eyes. I came from behind and touched her shoulders.She turned with moist eyes pulling back. 


 I was shocked to see the tears rushing through her eyes.On seeing me, she came forward  and I hugged her tightly. I understood what a women really needs. I immediately went down my knees and proposed her holding the ring in my hand. She blushed and nearly a pair of thousand eyes fell on us. I took her hands, kissed it and put the ring. She pulled me up and cuddled me and whispered in my ears it took so long for you to say this . I was happy that I have answered her eyes finally.

That platinum day of love was a memorable occasion to me.Because after my marriage,that was the day we both really shared our love to each other and broken the silence.With precious Platinum,I gifted her every year and we celebrated the particular Platinum Day of Love which helped us to discover the love between us.

This article was written by Vishnu Vikas.K